Super easy, and they taste incredible! These crispy garlic & parmesan roasted vegetables will quickly become a dinnertime favourite.
Roasted vegetables? Yes please. I must admit to being a little obsessed with this roasted vegetables. (See these maple roasted carrots and parsnips, these roasted squash fajitas, and these honey roasted root vegetables with apples for evidence.) The thing is, roasting makes vegetables taste amazing. Just a glug of oil and a hot oven, and the vegetables come out crispy, flavourful and beautiful to look at.
Simple or complicated
While a glug of oil is all very well, sometimes you need to add something extra. Something yummy!
It’s hard to think how you could go wrong by adding garlic and parmesan to roasted vegetables, and the answer, it turns out, is that you can’t. Although so far I’ve only parmesan roasted beans, carrots and romanesco cauliflower, they have all been spectacular. We will be experimenting with more parmesan roasted vegetables in due course.
Side dish? Or main dish?!
These garlic & parmesan roasted vegetables are just the sort of side-dish that you can eat a whole plate of. Which is just what my daughter Kipper did! They came with a saffron-infused risotto of which she ate very little, preferring to scoff the fabulous garlicky parmesan roasted vegetables instead.
Give it a try
I hope I’ve persuaded you to give this recipe a whirl. It’s fantastically easy and the results are spectacular. Do let me know if you try it out with other sorts of vegetables. I think broccoli, courgettes, and miscellaneous roots are on our ‘to do’ list.
A word about romanesco. A couple of people have asked where to get them. I do occasionally see them in the supermarkets. However, I regularly see them on the market, so, if you have a market locally, I’d say that’s the place to look.
Get deliciously easy, family-friendly recipes like this one delivered straight to your inbox. Click here to sign up. (I’ll never pass on your email address to anyone.)
Garlic & parmesan roasted vegetables
- 400 g vegetables e.g. green beans, carrots, cauliflower (approx. 14 oz)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 25 g grated parmesan (5 tbsp)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C (350F). Line a baking sheet with foil (optional).
- Prepare the vegetables and cut them into large bite size pieces - trim beans, peel carrots and cut into batons, cut cauliflower into florets, etc.
- Crush the garlic and mix with the parmesan and oil, then and toss the vegetables in this mixture until they are well coated. Spread the vegetables out in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake at 180C (350F) for around 20 minutes until the vegetables are cooked through and the cheese is golden and crispy.
- Serve at once.
These are amazingly delicious, so make a lot. 400g of garlic & parmesan roasted vegetables was easily polished off by me, DH and Kipper. And we could probably have eaten more.