Moist, flaky cod fillet baked under a delicious topping of herbs, garlic and parmesan cheese. Easy, quick & gorgeous – a real dinner winner!
It should be no surprise that my recipe for roasted veggies with garlic & parmesan is one of the most popular on this site. They are addictively good! We had some recently using asparagus – wow! If you haven’t tried them, I strongly recommend it.
I was thinking about the yummy coating for the roasted vegetables, and considering what I was going to do with some chunky cod fillet. It wasn’t a huge stretch to put one thing together with another! Voila, this gorgeous crusted cod fillet.
The topping for the cod is basically the same as the coating for the vegetables, only with the addition of some fresh herbs. These go really well with the fish and also add a fabulous splash of colour. I made this cod for dinner when my in-laws were visiting and they devoured it. DH and Kipper seemed pretty keen too.
Moist, crispy and delicious
The cod fillet stayed lovely and moist under its green garlicky, herby, cheesy crust. Meanwhile, the topping crisped up in places, I suspect thanks to the presence of the parmesan cheese. You could zap this under the grill briefly if you wanted to get the topping really crisp and brown, although of course you would have to sacrifice the gorgeous green colour a little if you did that. Life is full of compromises, apparently.
This is, like all good recipes, super quick & simple to prepare, and tastes amazing! Throw the topping ingredients into a blender/mini-chopper/food processor, then spread the resulting goo over your cod fillets before baking for 20 minutes. Then serve. It’s that easy!
I made four cod fillets, and we shared them between four adults and a child. I probably should have done five…
If you want to be kept informed when I post delicious recipes like this one, then please sign up to receive updates by email. It only takes a second and you’ll get the new recipes directly to your inbox. And of course, I’ll never pass on your email address to anyone.
Click here to sign up.
Cod with a garlic, herb & parmesan crust
- 4 chunky cod fillets (approx. 750g/26.5oz total weight)
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 50 g grated parmesan (½ cup)
- 10-15 g chopped fresh parsley (approx. 2-3 tbsp)
- 5 g chopped fresh chives (approx. 2 tbsp)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly brush with oil.
- Pat dry the cod fillets and place onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Put the remaining ingredients into a blender or mini-chopper and pulse several times to give a chunky paste. Divide this between the pieces of fish and spread it over.
- Bake at 180°C (350°F) for around 20 minutes until the fish is cooked through and the topping is browning.
Approx. per serving: 315 calories, 24g fat, 22g protein, 2g carbs
Other delicious recipes featuring white fish for you to enjoy include
- delicious baked cod with a cheddar and leek crumb topping
- easy to make haddock baked with olives and tomatoes
- beautiful fish with rainbow peppers and hawaij spices
- fabulous oven-baked cod with sun-dried tomato, lemon & herb crust
- impressive grilled sea bass with sauce vierge.