The thing about Chanukah, is that it lasts for eight nights. Which is brilliant, obviously, but if your holiday food is limited to latkes and doughnuts, it can get a bit, well, samey. So, to stave off doughnut-fatigue, I’ve compiled a list of eight delicious deep fried alternatives to brighten your Chanukah nights! Here goes…
1. Homemade cronuts (or ‘doughsants’) by Lucy at Supergolden Bakes.
2. Mini doughnuts with chocolate dipping sauce from The Foodie Couple Blog.
3. Super-cute heart shaped churros, also from Supergolden Bakes.
4. Homemade funnel cakes by Diana at Little Sunny Kitchen.
5. Churros bites with white chocolate and hazelnuts, from Casa Costello. Yum.
Or, if you’d rather have something savoury, how about…
6. Thai style salmon & cod fishcakes, from Franglais Kitchen.
7. African yam fries, from Mabintu at Recipes from a Pantry.
8. Battered Halloumi from Planet Veggie.
I think these all look amazingly delicious, and I’m excited to get busy with the oil. I may well be deep-frying long past Chanukah!
May your Chanukah nights be filled with light, and your tummy filled with deliciousness!