Do you have a recipe notebook? I must admit, I have several. I have a neat one for savoury recipes, where soups, salads, main dishes and so on are meticulously copied out in beautiful handwriting. I have a similarly tidy one for sweet recipes – cakes, bakes, desserts etc. And then, I have the one I use most often, where works-in-progress, half-baked ideas, and on-the-hoof-notes are jotted, illegibly, before being splashed with oil/tomato puree/fruit juice/misc. to make them even harder to read.
Occasionally, a recipe will reach maturity and will be copied out into one of the ‘best’ notebooks. Bliss.
My recipe notebook system is far from perfect, but it is better than the old system, whereby everything that now gets recorded in the scruffy book was written down on old bus tickets, backs of envelopes, newspaper margins, and a thousand other scraps of paper that I could never find later. Yes, a definite improvement.
Meanwhile, when I’m not blogging, I have an etsy shop where I make beautiful notebooks for other people! So I decided to not only make one for myself (see photo), but also to make one for a lucky reader of this blog!
Yes! You could win a gorgeous recipe notebook, worth £34, customised to your exact specifications, and ready to fill with your favourite recipes, notes, or whatever else you fancy.
I must admit, I’m pretty chuffed with the one I made for myself. It has a collage of some of my favourite photos from the blog on it, and it contains 120 lovely smooth and empty pages just waiting for me to get busy 🙂
Read on for more details of the lovely prize…
This beautiful softback recipe book is made to order with fully customized covers featuring your favourite photographs, your title, and your choice of text on the back cover. The frontispiece can also be personalised.
• Professionally printed, beautifully bound softback book
• 15 x 23 cm (approx. 6 x 9 inches)
• Customised covers, with images and title of your choice
• Your title printed on the book’s spine
• Photo and personalised message on back cover (optional)
• Customised frontispiece bearing your title or other text
• Title, message etc. in your choice of font
• 120 pages of uncoated cream 90gsm paper – similar to a novel’s pages
• Pages can be left blank, lined, or laid out for recipes – your choice
To enter, simply use the rafflecopter below. Good luck!